Silence in the Distance
This mod reduces audio range. It mutes the sounds of distant gunshots, explosions and certain creatures & robots.
Many sounds have different file versions according to the distance at which they occur from the player. For example, gunshots have layera, layerb, layerc etc, a being the closest. This mod replaces most c, d and e versions with blank audio files. Same thing with files named lo occuring far away, in contrast to files named hi occuring at close distance.
All sounds muted by the new ba2 file are originally contained in SeventySix – Sounds01.ba2.
– Pistols, rifles, heavy weapons
– Turrets, robots, vertibirds
– All sorts of explosions from cars & grenades to missiles & military outpost artillery
– Scorchbeast, Behemoth, Grafton Monster, Megasloth
How to install:
– Copy sounds01muffled.ba2 in the game’s Data folder
– Add the new ba2 file’s name in your Fallout76Custom.ini file